- Hyperglycaemia in Pregnancy and risk of adiposity in infants. Giridhara R Babu (PI), Wellcome Trust-PHFI collaboration, 09/24/12 to 03/23/15. A Pilot Study to test the feasibility of a larger cohort study. To evaluate the feasibility of examining the effects of glucose levels in pregnancy on the risk of adverse infant outcomes, especially in predicting the risk of chronic diseases in infants.
- Development of Manual for health professionals- Non Communicable Diseases and Standard Treatment Guidelines for Karnataka. Giridhara R Babu (PI). The World Bank. 03/18/13 to 11/30/13. The goal was to develop the guideline for health workers at different levels in the Karnataka State Health System.
- Human Resources in Health for Karnataka state. Giridhara R Babu (Co PI), Government of Karnataka, 03/18/13 to 11/30/13, The goal was to provide the roadmap for management of health systems and reorganization of human resources required for the Karnataka State Health System.
- Universal Health Coverage in Karnataka, Visioning UHC, Government of Karnataka. Giridhara R Babu (Co PI), Government of Karnataka, 01/05/13 to 04/05/13. The goal of this study was to provide technical consultancy and assistance for rolling out of Universal Health Coverage in the pilot districts of Karnataka.
- Nutritional status in Karnataka. A state of the art review. Giridhara R Babu (PI), Ashoka Innovators for the Public, 06/01/13 to 11/30/13. The goal of this study is to review of existing national and state specific program guidelines for conceptualization, designing, development and review the status of nutrition programs in Karnataka.
- Participation for local action; Implementation research with indigenous communities in southern India for local action on improving maternal health services. Giridhara R Babu (Co-I), World Health Organization, 04/01/17-02/28/19. The goal of the study is to facilitate contextualization of the safe motherhood programme in remote areas with indigenous population by bringing together various stakeholders to achieve inclusive and locally adapted implementation at the end of one year.