Engagement with Professional Bodies/ Government
- Regional Representative LMIC, International Society for Developmental Origins of Health and Disease [DOHaD]
- International Practitioner Member, Faculty of Public Health, Royal Colleges of Physicians, U.K.
- Member, Chartered Class, National Board of Public Health Examiners, USA.
- Member, Society for Development Origins of Health and Disease [DOHaD]
- Member, Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, [RSTMH]
- Life Member, International Epidemiology Association [IEA]
- Member, Society for Epidemiological Research, USA [SER]
- Member, American College of Epidemiology
- Life Member, Indian Public Health Association [IPHA]
- Indian Medical Association [IMA]
- Investigator in the National Seroprevalence Survey, India, ICMR
- Member of Epidemiology, Surveillance, & Research group, ICMR National Task Force for COVID-I9, India.
- Member, NCD Core Technical Group, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India
- Member, Nursing Council of India, Core group for curriculum for Nursing Health Practitioner
- Member, State Vision Group, Karnataka State Government
- Co-Chair, BBMP Taskforce on COVID-19 Public Health Response, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike, Bengaluru.
- Member, Karnataka State Government Expert Committee for COVID19
- Member, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike, Expert Committee for COVID19
- Member, Karnataka State Government Technical Analysis Committee: COVID19
- Consultation to State Governments of Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab & Telangana
- Initiated and was the founding member of Karnataka State Core Group on Routine Immunization.
- Member, Committee to create Public health department and cadre in the state of Karnataka.
- Member, of the Board of Studies, Department of Public Health, Manipal University
- Member, Public Health Cadre and Department reorganization, Government of Karnataka.
- Member, Executive Committee of Karnataka State Health System Resources Centre, Bangalore.
- Committee member, Karnataka Public Health (Act) Committee, Govt. of Karnataka
- Member, Karnataka Private Establishments Act amendment, Government of Karnataka
- Member, Technical Group, Rolling out Universal Health Coverage, Karnataka
- Member, State level core committee for prevention of blindness and diabetic retinopathy, Govt. of Karnataka
- Member, District level core committee for prevention of blindness and diabetic retinopathy, Govt. of Karnataka
- Member, State level committee for review and amendment of Karnataka Private Establishment Act, Govt. of Karnataka
- Coordinator, Sub-committee on strengthening primary care for health task force, knowledge commission, Govt. of Karnataka
- Advisory Committee Member of Nutrition project, Ashoka Innovators for the public, Bengaluru
- Used Social media to effectively disseminate information regarding public health issues. Nominated for Best on Twitter by Health System Global awards for Social Media, 2014. I run two papers termed as “Epi Times” (paper.li/epigiri/1343539842) and Public health times, which are aggregator newsletters to regularly collects epidemiology-related news from around the world
- Use of Social Media in Public Health: Experience with Public Health in India- A Facebook group.
- Blogs on Public Health Global Network Link: http://goo.gl/8oje3 Published on Nov 17, 2011
- Regular articles in Media regarding the use of public health principles in promoting human health. link to detailed articles can be found here.
Awards and Accolades
- Led the efforts to stop wild poliovirus transmission in Karnataka state.
- Awarded by Rotary International for outstanding contribution to Polio eradication activities.
- Advocacy for Measles surveillance in India, which led to Multi-Year Plan for Measles elimination in India
- Consulted to World Health Organization for Reprioritization of Diseases under India Surveillance Program
- Represented and contributed at National level consultation. “Prioritising Newborn and Child Health: A Policy Advocacy Initiative to Build Informed Consensus and Mobilise Support by Translating Evidence to Action”. 23-24 November, 2010, New Delhi
- Consultation provided to proposed Karnataka Public Health Act
- Consultancy to WHO SEARO, for finalization of “Handbook on Public Health Programs at the District Level”, for South East Asia Regional Office-WHO (SEARO) to be implemented by all the SEARO countries.
- Task Force for developing Karnataka Public Health Policy (KPHP) Karnataka Jnana Aayoga
External Academic service
- External Examiner, Ph.D. Examiner to New South Wales (Sydney), Australia
- External Examiner, PGDPHM, JIPMER, Pondicherry
- External Examiner, Department of Public Health, Manipal University.
- “COVID 19: MUTANTS AND VACCINES” Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, 02nd February 2021
- “COVID–19 Vaccine Rollout: Executing an Effective and Equitable Strategy in Karnataka” Webinar 1-Public Policy Dialogue, Policy Engagement & Communication and Training, 22nd January 2021
- Holistic Health for Primary care Physicians By AHPI, 28th December 2020
- Panel discussion on Covid19 response: The journey so far- Initial reflections and future directions, KACHCON 2020 S. Ramaiah Medical College, 21th December 2020
- Panel Discussion – Smart Green urban Living, IOTFOrum India, IOTMatrix 2020, 11th December 2020
- “COVID -19, Has the world done enough? and Future perspectives” with focus on India Invited talk for Academic Society, JSS Medical College, Mysuru 10th December 2020
- “Introduction to Epidemiology” for MA Development students at Azim Premji University, 26th November 2020.
- Vaccines- The potential in India to go beyond manufacturing into discovery and development, Virtual Conference of Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020, Department of Electronics, Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science & Technology Government of Karnataka 21st November 2020
- Panel Discussion in Workshop entitled “Challenges in Scientific Research and Education during unprecedented COVID-19 times” 13th International Symposium on Biomathematics and Ecology Education and Research (BEER), 13th November 2020
- CII Karnataka CSR Conclave 2020 is ” Creating Shared Value”, Confederation of Indian Industry, 3rd November 2020.
- Good practices in planning strategies and implementation of containment measures in urban and rural, IIPH Gandhi Nagar, 25 November 2020 Link
- Epidemiology of Covid- 19 in India: Learnings and Way Forward, Meet the Scholar university of Kerala, 30th October 2020
- A webinar and panel discussion on COVID-19 Pandemic & Health Care Ethics on 29th October 2020 Link
- Covid-19 Pandemic Health Care Ethics, Nitte Unevercity 28th October 2020
- Plenary Talk in the Virtual Symposium on Society, Economy and Development during Covid-19 Crisis: Lessons For Emerging Economies, Centre for Happiness, Central University of Tamil Nadu, 10th October 2020.
- International Webinar on Understanding covid-19 pandemic an integrated approach, NIUM 7th October 2020
- National Webinar On Horticultural Resources and Their Role In Boosting Immunity Against Covid-19 situation in India: A Public Health Perspective, Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, 4th September, 2020
- VCN Doctors: Management of Covid 19 and support to health care, VCN Doctor Welfare Association 05th July 2020
- The Covid-19 Pandemic & The Emerging World Order, KPSA Mysore 13th June 2020 Link
- ISRC online symposium on CoVid19 India data analysis, IndSciCovid, 6th June 2020 Link
- Post COVID 19 Impact of Healthcare Services -Prevention, Practices and Processes, Confederation of Indian Industry, 30th May 2020 Link
- Corona in India: Doubling rate, Post lockdown Syndromic Surveillance and Antibody Tests, 25th May 2020 – Link
- International Covid-19 Conference, Stanford Medicine, 15th May 2020
- Preparedness for Pandemic –Indian Chamber of Commerce, 11th May, 2020, Link
- Beyond the pandemic: What Should Doctors and Hospital Do, Nature India, 03rd May 2020 Link
- The Twelfth (12th) online weekly meeting of all State Presidents and Secretaries, Emerging Data Trend and Pattern- National and State wise Analysis. Part of Project: Jeevanrakshe, a Public-Private Partnership initiative supported by Indian Medical Association, June 28 2020
- Panel Discussion -Science and Solidarity Must Guide Social Response to Covid-19, Sphere India Covid-19 Academy, 28th April 2020 Link
- Valedictory Address in Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bengaluru January 23 2020.
- Management of Human Resource, State Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Magadi Road, Bengaluru January 07 2020.
- Guest speaker in a plenary session, ISMSCON2019 to be held at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna, Bihar from 5th to December 07 2019.
- Grant Writing Workshop, Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru, September 24 2019.
- “Life course Epidemiology Projects” St. Joseph’s College, Autonomous, Bengaluru September 13 2019.
- “Early Childhood Development: Early Moments Matter “. IIPH Hyderabad, on 30th and 31st July, 2019.
- “Career in Public Health Sciences” during the launch of “Build India Movement” at Bengaluru Medical College on January 12 2019.
- Life course trajectory of under nutrition, Nutrition Awareness Activity at Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru September 06 2018
- Epidemiology and Health Promotion, State Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Magadi Road, Bengaluru April 11 2018
- Ethics in Public Health Practice. Wipro Learning Centre, Sarjapur Road, Bengaluru February 08 2018
- Writing a Good Manuscript for Publication – An Editor’s Perspective, Medical Communication Workshop, Indian Society for Clinical Research (ISCR) in collaboration with the International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP), November 13, 2016
- National conference on health, safety & well-being of the workers in unorganized sector/informal economy, Pro-VC Hall, Central University of Tamil Nadu 23rd March 2017
- Hygiene Matters, Multi-specialty National Conference NIMHANS Convention Center, Bengaluru 25th March 2017
- Environmental Health and Sustainable Development: International conference of the Public Health Foundation of India and the Pacific Basin Consortium 15th November 2017
- Speaker at “Household Air Pollution and NCDs”, Faculty for World NCD Congress, Chandigarh, India, 4-6 November 2017
- Public health aspects of Disaster Management, Bengaluru University. March 09 2017.
- Hygiene Matters, Multi-specialty National Conference, NIMHANS, Bengaluru, 25 & 26 March 2017
- Epidemiology and Public Health in India, Bengaluru University, July 14, 2016
- Maternal Antecedents of Adiposity and Studying the Transgenerational role of Hyperglycemia and Insulin. Health in Slums Symposium by Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, Maastricht University, Bengaluru, Baptist Hospital, and Manipal University. 30th April, 2016
- Training and research opportunities in Diabetes at Beat diabetes stay super; – world health CME by Department of Community Medicine and Endocrinology, M.S. Ramaiah Medical College. 16th April 2016.
- Social Determinants of Health, Right to Health & Health Equity. International conference on Global Public Health and Social work- DYUTI 2013. January 05 2013
- Keynote address on scope of public health and social work in India. Public Health and Social work in International settings. International conference on Global Public Health and Social work- DYUTI 2013. January 04 2013
- Analysis of Universal Health Coverage and Pointers for Future”. 24th Annual Conference of KACH. Karnataka Association of Community Health Professionals. Bagalkote, India 3rd November 2012.
- Public Health Cadre in the state of Karnataka, Indian Public Health Association Annual Conference, Kochi, 13-14th February, 2012.